Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Post Irene

Here it is the day after tropical storm Irene.  While it caused devastation beyond our Canadian borders, it was fairly gentled by the time it reached us.  Our power did go off at 1:30 am and didn't return until about 10:30 am.


When she came back on, I sprang into action - and this is without any caffeine - I changed our bed and promptly started to do laundry which is hanging on the line taking in the breeze (leftovers from Irene) and the beautiful sun. 


I also baked up 10 lb of bananas and have 4 dozen banana muffins and 2 loaves to show for it.  I am thrilled at the energy I have had today.


Here's the final product of the banana:




I can't wait to put my last load on the line.  It includes the sheets and pillow cases.  The wind is really refreshing and it's a great day for a laundry outside.

And how did you spend your Monday?

P.S.  In nine days, my little one begins school for the first time.  I believe she and I are both looking forward to it.

The banana loaves are wrapped and bagged and ready for freezing.

P.P.S.  I wanted to include these last three pictures of my day's activities.

I used fresh blueberries for the crumble.  I love the results.  It will taste good with ice cream.  In addition, I cooked a great made-from-scratch stir fry.





Well, after a small ice cap from Tims, I came home and put the last load on the line where they are blowing and drying in record time. 




1 comment:

  1. Debbie! Can I sit and have another cup of tea with you?!! Your baking looks and sounds so good! Thinking of you last evening with Irene in the neighborhood! Take care, and how nice to see again those red kitchen walls!

    ReplyDelete