Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Doin' a Jig and Rejoicin'

I was so very happy on Thursday night and Friday morning.  Children I've been following on Reece's Rainbow had grant increases.  My heart soared and my spirits picked up immensely.

Here are three of them:

Natalija L60


Girl, Born on March 16, 2001

This blue-eyed, blonde-haired beauty needs a loving family to thrive in! Natalija is described as active and friendly. She doesn’t like to be told “no” or be reprimanded, and cries as a result (aaahh, girls!). Natalija likes to play games with her peers, even if she doesn’t quite understand the rules. She is friendly and responsive, and is very loving towards her caregivers and friends. she is very good at playing independently and focusing on the task in front of her. She is stubborn sometimes, but I have found that this is a common trait of children with Down syndrome! Natalija does have a few words and basic self-service skills. She can dress and undress without help, and also eats and drinks unassisted.


Older parents, larger families, and single moms welcome.

$7237.20 is available towards the cost of my adoption!

Emil


Born December 1999
Diagnosis: cerebral palsy and down syndrome
From someone who met him in 2012:
Emil was the gentlest child ever! Unable to talk but the pleading in his eyes killed me! He grabbed my finger and wouldn’t let go…what a grip! He also got really hit a few times by others wanting my attention, he didn’t retaliate but fell in a heap and moved away, only to return when the coast was clear. I would love to see this child in a nurturing environment!

$3883.50 is available towards the cost of my adoption!
 
 
and
 
 Katrina

Girl, Born December 2001
Oh what a miracle, to have an updated photo of Katrina!!!    And there is the light I  knew had to be there!   She doesn’t realize it, but now that she has a profile here on Reece’s Rainbow, Katrina has a CHANCE…a chance for a new life, a family of her own, to get out of these four walls and to have something to smile about.
From her medical records:  Down syndrome, significant cognitive delay (coupled with FAS), flatfoot, partial atrophy of optic nerves, esotropia, secondary cardiomyopathy.
From a missionary who visited with her in March 2012: Oh my heart…I so wanted to bring her home!   She is a giggly soft hearted darling…she needs a mama!
Katrina and Tania can be adopted together if a family is approved and interested.   Families should be HS approved (or close to it) prior to commitment.   10 day wait often waived here.  Married couples only, larger families welcome, travel required.
$5023.30 is available towards the cost of my adoption!
 
My heart soared.  I was so happy to see this. 
 
These are three children who need a loving family who care about them and love them.  They need to know a family's love and concern.  My heart melts every time I see their lovely faces.  I so wish I could do more for them.
 
Instead I write on this little unknown blog hoping someone somewhere will see and understand and help.
 
My eyes are watering right now as I put this little write-up together.  The needs of these children are truly great, and yet the gesture of donating to their fund or even taking steps to adopt them would be a God send for these children.
 
I hope that for all the tears I shed, that something good will rise out of the soil of these lives so that they may grow and bloom.  A family's love would allow that to happen.
 
So, in my thoughts and in my prayers I remember sweet Natalija, Emil and Katrina along with all the other boys and girls, named and unnamed, who need us to care for and love them regardless of geography, distance, time, space.
 
Love them I will.  For they are God's children to be loved and to love.  I hope families will step forward and say, "That's my child. Let's go get him or her."
 
May God bless all the dear children tonight as they sleep or are awake.  May they be protected from evil and injustice.  May the God of love surround them and be with them in their suffering and in their yearning for people who truly care about them.
 
I pray it will be well with their little souls.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment