Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Frolics

What a week!  What a day!  Rain or no rain! Damp or dry! It switched between the two all week.  But I managed to walk each and every day as I have for the last several months.
 
I have to tell you.  I think I saw Gawd.
 
Yes.  I said Gawd (I prefer to spell it this way, thank you.)
 
I've been doing a couple of fundraisers for two organizations close to my heart.  One involves selling items on a virtual yard sale website. 
 
I had a lady come to pick up her $5 round Toy Story themed chair.  It's a great little chair for preschoolers and toddlers.  My own girl, though, hardly ever sat in it in the three years she owned it.  She got too tall and lanky for it.  But she loved it because of Buzz and Woody and all their friends.
 
 
 
The lady picks it up. We chat for 20 seconds and she said, "Here, I want you to take this $10."
 
I said, "I don't feel comfortable taking more than what I asked for it."
 
She proceeded to tell me that she appreciated the fact that I had this chair and was selling it to her.  She had looked for it as a gift to her son but to no avail.
 
I said okay then even though I hesitated.  I didn't want to take money from her that I didn't feel that I had earned.
 
Without hesitation, she gave me a hug and left.
 
I thought, "Wow! from a perfect stranger indeed!"
 
I thought about it since it happened in the early afternoon, and for sure I saw the face of Gawd in this woman.
 
And this reminded me in the last few minutes that every time my own child says to me, "Mom Kist me." And I do.  I kiss the sweet cheek and sometimes the other.  I'm experiencing Gawd again.
 
Gawd delights me.  Gawd makes me happy.  Gawd knows how to make me feel good inside.
 
So thank you to this stranger who really isn't a stranger anymore, and to my precious little child for allowing me to see the face of Gawd in them this very day.
 
Hallelujah! and Amen!!!  I love how Gawd communicates with me.
 
Happy Victoria Day weekend to you all.  I hope Gawd reveals herself to you in a most gentle, loving, amusing way.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment