Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Friday, October 1, 2010

WOW -ee!!

Here it is October 1st and it was 27 degrees Celsius and humid and very windy.  Mom thinks it is a sign of things to come.  It could very well become the new normal.


The girls were hot and sweaty.  We went for an ice cream at Hennigar's today.  It was not my first choice as their ice cream is expensive.


The girls liked it though.


I am tired.  The girls can be high maintenance.  Kaylee had two spills of milk and then juice within 10 minutes of each other.  Later, outside, Jo was spitting or what sounded like it, so I had to give her a 5 minute time out when she wouldn't stop doing it.


On top of that, I had to see to Sophie.  She went to the vet.  They put her under and sutured her.  She has quite the wound.  Now I have to make sure she stays in the house and gets meds two times a day.  The poor thing is lucky she survived this attack.


We don't know if it could have been a skunk, a raccoon, or even an eagle.  The poor thing.  I have to make sure she is in the house at night.  Paul reminded me that there are coyotes in the back of the house.  They go to the gully to search out food stuffs then move on to their next locale.

I am not sure I like the coyotes so close.  When he was in the field this summer with the plow, he saw a coyote in the field about 150 feet from the back yard savaging for food as he cut the crop.



When Peter was harvesting silage on the east end, there were four coyotes around the plow trying to get the mice and whatever else.  It made the hairs on the back of Peter's neck stand up on end.  Seeing four is quite a lot.


I don't trust these animals.  I think about the number of people who walk or run or bicycle the dyke on a regular basis.


As long as they stay away from my back yard and patio and from what is mine, I will be fine and so will they.


Sophie was hungry when she got home at 4 pm.


Johanna is tired.  She just got to bed at 9 pm.  She has a busier schedule this year.  I am glad that she does.


She was up at 7:15 am and opened the door for Ian and Kaylee.



No comments:

Post a Comment