Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wow. I can not believe I left this blog for so long.  That's what happens when you feel u have nothing at all to contribute. I don't feel like I have an active voice in anything.  Part of that logic is from the fact that I am always tired and sometimes apathetic.


I wish it could be better.  


I am busy with a five year old.  I am 52.  I have a difficult time keeping up at times.  She goes to a lot of appointments for speech and lately occupational therapy.  Sometimes we go to the IWK.  She has an assessment in May which will take all day.


All I can think of is 'O, joy, here we go again.'  Sometimes I wonder if the assessments are of any worth to anyone except to the professionals.  I know I would like to know quantitatively where she is developmentally.  That means we have to jump through these hoops.


I know too it is exciting to see her improve and grow.  She surprises us with her abilities each day.


I know J. is enjoying her planned visits to the school where she will be in the fall.  She liked it so much that we were actually an hour and a half longer than planned.  I am very happy about that.


Maybe in the fall, I'll be able to take care of myself and do things to improve upon my own state of affairs.


That would be nice.


I love my daughter and I am happy with this opportunity to be her mom and her protector.  We love her dearly.


J. is pure joy.


In addition, I live in a wonderful part of the country.  I am enjoying the rain this morning and listening to the CBC  What could be better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment