Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hurrah It's the First Day of Something Great - SUMMER!!!!

I have to write today.  


These last three days have been busy.  They've been domesticated. I am wondering if this is domestication at its very basic and very best.  It's been a while since I've visited domestication.


 I spent 4 1/2 hours in the kitchen today.  I made two - count'em - TWO - Ski Cakes.  We had a mishap with the first one and so I made a second one.


The first one will stay home and husband will enjoy it.


The second is going out to a relative as a birthday cake.  


They sure did smell delicious as they baked.  The great thing about the Ski Cake is that it bakes in 30 minutes - yes!!! 30 minutes!!! All done and the icing is so simple to prepare and spread on the top of it.  I love the creative freedom I have with the topping.  After all, it is supposed to look like a ski hill.


I did a lot of dishes today in addition to the fun we had in the kitchen.  J. helped with the first one.  I did the second one.


I washed the kitchen floor again.  Two times since Sunday is a new record for me.  It is a light coloured floor and was grunchy from all the spills and tramping about.


Now, I am supervising the six year old.  NO easy task when I am tired and want a break.  So much for me.  And to think I grew up in the ME Generation of the 1970s.


The sun has been out all day.  It is cloudy still and we had a small drop or two of rain a few minutes ago.  It's windy and breezy and really nice after being in the kitchen.


Our lawn is getting mowed.  It's looking so very nice on this first day of summer.


I am so glad it is here ... finally!!!!


And as an addendum, on Sunday I baked dinner rolls and a small loaf of bread.  That took time as the dough needs to rise.  






Note to self:  Remember that the dough continues to rise as it bakes in the oven.  I did all of these in the oven at once and totally forgot about the rising until I saw the bread.  I really like the convection oven.



No comments:

Post a Comment