Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Who Are Mondays For Anyways???

It's nice when the house is all quiet and everyone is sound asleep.  It's nice to get rested up.  To sleep a little.


On the other hand, it's a knee jerking, blanket kicking, jumping up and out kind of morning when you realize you overslept by about 25 minutes.  AND things need to get done...


Like the little one has to wake out of her stupor and get into first gear at least without the usual fuss and delay.


Lunch made.


Little one awake; dressed; washed; downstairs; breakfasted; outdoor clothes on; and out the door before the bus comes rambling along.


Then it's time for mama to kick it into gear to run her errands into the big city.  What I wished is that it would have taken a total of three hours and not the several.  Travel time is all consuming gas wise and time wise. I sure wish time travel were a reality in these instances.


I must admit though, things were accomplished in anticipation of Christmas.  That makes me feel good.


Also, errands were ran with mother.  I love being with my mom.  She enjoys her own company and that of others.  I like that a lot.


I can't say I like the huge crowds and the endless streams of traffic and the waiting in traffic.  I love my country life any day of the week.


It's nice to come across old friends which we did today on two separate occasions for a total of three friends from the past.  It was the most pleasing event of the day.  I must include a relative that we ran into, too.  So nice to see people I haven't seen in ages.


On a different note, I read of the passing of the brother of a childhood friend of mine.  He passed away at age 52.  I was saddened to read this.


Immediately, I flashed back to over 40 years ago when we were all in elementary school together.  I haven't been in touch with my friend for at least 35 years and I know many things happen along the way, but I couldn't help but feel a sense of loss for something that is almost intangible to put into words.


I haven't been able to articulate it but I felt a real loss along with the family.  Maybe it was a loss of our childhoods or of our immortality.  Maybe it is the reality that we are all mortal and just passing through this life.  


I don't know exactly what it is.  But when I do I'll let you know.


Mondays aren't for sissys you know because you never know what you'll be facing.


How is your week so far??

No comments:

Post a Comment