Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

An Above Par Tuesday


The radio meteorologist just informed me that yesterday's temperatures of +14 degrees here where I live broke national records.  That's great!!  That's definitely above par! I'm lovin' this weather.



This morning was above par.  I'd even say it was a hole in one.  The little 3.7 footer was up and at it and happy all on her own.  No arguments; no growling; no resisting.  It was a pure delight for mama.


I think the secret is in the puddin':  Early to bed, early to rise really works.  She was in bed early and fell asleep about an hour later.  It was still before 8:15 !!! Hooray!!!  I loved the morning results of that discipline.


Then as we walked out the door and down the drive, I spotted my mother-in-law's tree all aglow with lights.  It looks really good.  After some tweaking and adjusting, it'll be above par, too.



The field across the road has the thickest layer of liquid cow manure that I've ever seen on it.  To some, that is the sweet smell of progress and production.  To others, not so much.  It definitely makes it above par, too, for the animals who will be using the pasture land next year.


So far my day has been way above par.  The dough is rising for the bread and will be baked this morning.  I am musing about making the cookie balls from the Kraft magazine.  They are simple and easy to make.  Maybe I'll share them later on.


Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment