Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Babies, Bottles and Bibs





I went to a baby shower today for my cousin's daughter-in-law.  She's due in October and is having a girl.  We numbered about thirty.  


I realize that baby showers as well as bridal showers are few and far between these days.  I realized, too, that they can be so much fun.  We played no less than six games and had lots of food to eat throughout the two hour event.


We also had the time to chat with people we see only at these events.  It's always so nice to see the great aunts who come out along with the numerous other relatives.


The baby clothes brought back memories of my own newborn.  You could hear the aw's as they were shown.  What sweet memories surfaced.


I remember holding my baby and snuggling with her.  I remember rocking her gently and singing to her in my best flat sounding voice. I remember smelling her.  Oh, what sweet memories.


She and I spent a great deal of time together in those first years.  They were sweet and endearing and wonderful.  I am so happy I had the chance to be a mom to her.



No comments:

Post a Comment