Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Another day another challenge seemingly got easier had

A rainy day and we were off for speech with Carla by 9 am.  Our appointment is for 9:30.  She was late finishing with her first client, a little boy who is blind.  I noticed he even had a white cane.


Jo did superbly.  I told her ahead of time that if she talks and says the words then she will have more time to play with the various activities.  I believe this is in part what sold her on having a really good session this morning.  She's even making the 'k' sound as in the end of the word 'clock'.  I am very pleased with these two weeks of intense sessions which happen twice on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.


Carla is really good with her.  She knows kids.


I had my 9 am light roast from Just Us and their wonderful organic raisin chocolate chip cookie.  It's big enough to feed three people.. uhmmm maybe |I exaggerate.  But the coffee is great for me since I am cutting back and taking a good cup in the morning or very early afternoon.


From the afternoon to early evening I try to drink anywhere from 4 to 8 cups of water.  That works most of the time.


You know, being a stay at home mom has its quirks.  I decide the routine for the most part and I get to listen to CBC radio.  Jian is one of my favourite hosts.  


Jo and I did a mini walk in Wolfville.  I scouted out the two second hand stores - Theresa's Clothes Closet and a new one that opened literally around the corner.  They have more than clothes in them, and it's the other stuff that is surprising.  Theresa's had Stampin' Up stamps for sale at very good prices.  I am tempted but will wait.


I have managed to do a little of scrap booking and want to get into it again.   I have two major projects to get into for the coming year and so.  I am going to Croptober Fest in October and am looking forward to it.  I am planning to work on my sister's scrapbook.  It's for her 50th birthday in April 2011.


I am so looking forward to my walking poles for Nordic walking.  They are in transit from Vancouver Island.  I hope they get here this week.


I'm still in the market for a curio cabinet.  I still haven't found 'the one'.


I love this life.  Little stress.  Looking after home and family.  And making the effort to look after ME, too.


To top off this week, Paul and I will be attending my cousin's wedding on Saturday and it's a sleep over at the Ramada Inn in Burnside which is about 55 minutes from where we live here in Lower Wolfville-Grand Pre.











No comments:

Post a Comment