Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

O What a Day...

You know what I love about life --- It's boring, it's simple, it's uncomplicated and IT'S MINE.  Life is sweet and not because of any great accomplishment or any specialness -- it JUST IS!


It was an ordinary day.  The sun was shining.  I was up by 8:30.  My 5 year old was awakened by 9:10 am.... it was time to do some of the ordinary things that we do.


I decided to wear my halter style long 'bohemian' type of dress.  Jo finally got dressed in her very pretty pink ruffled sleeveless dress with her pink sandals.  Us girls looked pretty.


We were 10 minutes late for church only because Jo was a late starter and took her good lookin' time.


She was good for the first 50 minutes and the last 10 minutes I had to keep a closer eye on her.  We stayed in the fireside room at the back of the church so as not to disturb or distract.  I shadow her mostly.  She did pretty good until the last few minutes.


We went to the church hall for a nutrition break --- grown ups call it a coffee break.  We enjoyed an apple juice and gluten free Hermit bars and a little piece of a chocolate brownie.  All thanks to Erin and Josh.


Erin owns and operates  'THE ROLLED OAT' in town.  She knows her food.


We came home and I did laundry which I hung out to dry.  I love that simple act of pinning the clothes on the line and watching the wind swing them to and fro.  |It was a great day for drying clothes outside.


Later, Paul came home from his church - he's a practicing Catholic.  Jo and I warm the pew, err, should I say the spaces, at the local United Church.


Then we relaxed for a bit.


We planted the four rogusa rose bushes out front.  In that very ordinary activity I found great satisfaction and contentment even though I told Paul that these bushes have lots of thorns on them and that they grow very big.  I think it was the act of mixing the soil, digging the holes and planting the roses that gave the contentment of soul.  Mind you, Paul did all of the work.  I helped by getting the plants to their destination and getting the little green cloth wheel barrel out along with the shovel.


We went for supper at a local restaurant.  They changed the menu and no longer had the item  I loved ordering.  Instead I ordered something that I could have easily made at home and I know within this heart of mine it would have tasted a whole lot better.


I was disappointed.  Jo didn't help either.  She squirmed and turned and scribbled on the table and not the paper place mat and squirmed and turned some more and made a mess with her food on the seat and a bit on the wall.  I forgot this happened somewhat similarly the last time and I vowed she would stay home the next.  So much for remembering and so much for vowing.


Then we drove home for a bathroom break --- all three of us when I thought I was good to go.... so much for that with a 52 year old bladder.


Then we took a drive.  We ended up at the Look Off.  It's provides a scenic look out over the valley of farms and farm land, Minas Basin and isle - that of Boot Island, and sky and landmarks like Marsh Crest silos and Curry's farm off in the distance over to North Grand Pre and Hortonville.


WHAT AN EXTRAORDINARY VIEW!


I was so thankful to be there seeing the wonder of  hard work and toil and realizing that it was by the good graces of nature or gawd herself that the hard work and toil were paying off.


What a wonderful wonderful world!


Jo by this time was getting tired.  So home we came and into the tub she went.  


Bathed, dressed and into bed she went by 9 pm.  Hallelujah!!  I know I heard the anthem ring out when she got to bed and I was able to come downstairs to cruise the internet and to start this blog.


Hmmm.... what an ordinary life it is.  HOW VERY thankful I am to be living such an ordinary life.


I thank my husband and my daughter for such a wonderful ordinary life.  I am grateful to be living IN the moment and to be looking at time differently than I ever have.


Life is sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment