Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Even today is different

Even within the sameness, it's different.  Today was no exception.


Jo loved S.M.I.L.E. (Sensory Motor Independent Leadership Experience).  They have a student from Acadia who works one on one with them.  The went to the gym and did group things and then for the last hour she was in the pool and SHE LOVED IT.  I am so proud of her that she has found something she really likes.


Nicole, the student leader, was great with her.


Also, throughout today I have been very aware of my physical body.  Note to self: I don't think that what is happening is normal.  I have constant stiffness in my lower limbs from my heels up to and including my calves.  My two hips were bothering me today.  My lips had tremors through them off and on today.  This started yesterday.  I feel like my body is breaking down and I don't know what's going to be left.  I think it won't be good.


I plan to call for a doctor's appointment on Monday.  I felt awful all day.  I was in bed by 8 with JO who was watching her Treehouse.  I could have fallen asleep but she was moving about and putting her feet into my back.  


Then Paul came home, she heard the tractor and that was the end of any sleep time.  Right now she's in the TV room eating and watching her Treehouse again.


I need to find out what's wrong with me.  I've been getting this stiffness in my body for over two years now and it's not getting better.  It's there and I think it's getting worst.


I was cranky too today.  I think it's because I still feel sluggish and can barely get up and down stairs which I had to climb today to get out of the pool area.  What a pain the neck for those with disabilities and other problems.


The important thing is that JO loved her experience.  It freed me up to do things.  I was at a loss so took a walkabout to the Farmer's Market to get Just Us coffee and also to tbs just to window shop.


I took in the rummage sale, too.  I bought a hat that was  supposed to be 50 cents.  It cost me 2.50 in the end.  The poor lady at the table taking the money just did not understand that she owed me a dollar.  I made a comment and then she took another dollar from me.  I promise next time I will have small change.



No comments:

Post a Comment