Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tinkerin' Tuesday

Another day, another dollar is what an aunt of mine used to say.  Somehow I think the drudgery of work was implied in that saying.  It's hard work to work.  It is not easy to have to work at something and to succeed at it and continue doing it when your heart just isn't in it.


I think the same is said of a lot of things like the relationships we have with others.  It's hard work to work at something when you feel you're beating your head against the wall.


Then, too, I think she was also implying that inherent in the hardness of working for a living there was also the comfort in knowing that good work paid off even if it still didn't amount to a whole lot.


I don't know why I started with this.  All I know is that sometimes things are hard to do or to get through or even to think about.  It's just hard for whatever reason.


I do know that there can be pure joy and happiness just by being in the presence  of others.  I think right now of my child.  She has so much fun and she's grown so very comfortable in her own skin.


She makes me proud, and I hope I live to see her well into adulthood.


We played in the front yard for a bit this afternoon after school.  I had the camera ready as usual.





It was a good day.  The rain held off until after supper.  Husband got in about 8 pm or so for supper.

Tinkerin' Tuesday was a blast.  It was ok.  How was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment