Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wordless Wednesday

Another day in the life of .... me.


Colder outside.  Windy too.


The leaves are sure falling off the trees lately.  Soon ole man Winter will be upon us.  I feel it in my bones.


My  J. picked out her winter coat to wear this morning.  Good thing she did.  It was sure cold waiting for the bus.


It's a quiet life.  A life that is sometimes viewed as way too short in the end.


There's no need to wonder why people say this when they are almost all the way through their own lives.  The beauty of the good earth alone is a reason for wanting to stick around a little while longer.






Serene, quiet, tranquil, peaceful, solitary.  I suppose all these words really mean the same thing.  I'm just repeating myself.


But there is something to say about the views that are there day in and day out as we rush about in our daily living.  I know I take them for granted after a while, and forget they are there simply for me to enjoy and admire.


There's another place I like to visit when I have a spare minute or two.  I have had a fascination since I was a teenager with the local community cemeteries.  I loved reading the names and dates and wondering about the people they represent.



I find solitude and peacefulness here.  It's always quiet, and there's a thoughtfulness it provokes in me - a thoughtfulness about my own existence and a thoughtfulness about my family tree.

Lately, I realize I have known or was acquainted with a number of the people who now rest in the cemetery.  That brings a new depth of meaning for me as I visit there; almost like a new found reverence for the ordinary and for the people who have crossed paths with me.

I think I have more to learn yet as I look at the view from the cemetery and in the cemetery.  It just may be a better appreciation for what I have and for who I am.

The visit this morning took no more than a few minutes of my time. Then the day picked up with other things to do and other things on my mind.

It's good that the cemetery gives me a gentle nudge about who I am and what is really important as I live out my life.

How was your Wednedsay?  What have you done and what are you still planning to do with it?  Remember there are 24 hours in a day.

My day still isn't done.  I still have commitments before the lights go out tonight.





No comments:

Post a Comment