Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Friday, May 13, 2011

What To Do

Let's see.  It's Friday.  Life is quiet and constant.


Two things:


1.  I bought Jodi DeLong's book 'Plants for Atlantic Gardens'.  I barely started reading the forward when my five year old distracted me.  I've had time to browse though and I love the pictures.  The little I managed to read is in fact readable.  I love plain language.


2.  Jo and I weeded some dandelions out of my little garden patch.  I inherited the patch when we moved here.  I've added a few plants in the last three years.  It is pretty rugged right now.  It needs a lot of hands on work.  I love digging into the soil and making the patch presentable when I find the time to do so without interruption.


 My strawberry plant.  I planted it a year ago.
 My blueberry bush.  It was planted late last summer.
I expect the raccoons and other critters are going to enjoy these two.
 The daffodils were about the only plants left in this patch when we got here.  It had been overgrown and unkempt.
 I planted this last year, too.
 This is something else I planted and probably last year.
 Different leaves and nice and green. I am assuming I planted this one, too.
  I planted the rhododendron two years ago.  It bloomed last summer with a beautiful pink flower.  The fallen tree next to it just missed it as I cut off the lower branches of the pine as it was leaning and before it fell totally over the patch.


I also planted a magnolia at the same time but it did not survive.  The rhododendron more than makes up for the loss.


So, this is part of my little patch of nature to work with and work on.  I have lots to do and look forward to the knee bending, weed pulling adventure I shall have with it all.


Next time I'll share my tulips with you.  I planted echinacea in amongst them.  Just three lots for now, and they are already growing with lots of leaves.  I love the cone shaped purple beauties.  


I am here looking at Jodi's book for spelling.  I also planted globe thistles last year in the corner of my back yard.  I'll have to take pictures to show you the progress.  I really enjoyed those last year when they bloomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment