Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Ordinary Saturday

Shopping proved to be a leisure activity even though it was cold and raining a bit.  We got in on some good deals at the local stores.  That's always nice at the check out when it comes up cheaper than it says.


This morning I took the time to read the daily devotional in 'Living Faith', a daily Catholic Devotions booklet.  It was right on about the miracles in our midst and the miracles found in the ordinary.  We don't see them because they are so ordinary.


The writer used the example of the trees taking in carbon dioxide, sunlight, water and a few nutrients to grow.  The carbon from the air forms the structure of the wood so literally the wood is made out of air using sunlight and water.  How ordinary and extraordinary is that all at once.  I would classify that as a miracle, a scientific one.


I know I have to realize how much of a miracle each human being is in the world.  The odds that we would be born as we are and as who we are is real slim.  That is what makes us truly unique.


I need to appreciate everyone I meet which means I need to respect them for who they are even without knowing them.  Boy, that's a challenge when my hormones are reacting to poor retail service and I want to be short tempered, cranky and difficult.


I just have to try to be a better person and to let the people around me help me to be a better person.  I have to put my trust in a higher power.


I have to realize that what I think is one thing and that my actions speak way louder than words.  So, I think before I act.  I act without reacting.  That's a challenge these days.


We are getting closer to 6 o'clock.  Nothing has been going on in the world to indicate that it's going to be gone after six or any other time thereafter.


The poor saps make a mockery of religion.  I think there is more to the religious life than broadcasting doom and gloom.  We need more about love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment