Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Beating the Saturday Blues


So I thought in this dreary and rainy month of May that it would indeed be boring.  Well, I've taken a few hundred pictures of J., the birds, plants and whoever and whatever else gets in.  I'll share a few with you.








I spotted these delightful flowers in the garden patch today.
 They look like little bluebells or blueberries.  How pretty is that.



This is what is left of the pine that was felled by the latest wind storm.  It was sad to see her go.




A yard sale acquisition last year.  It is just now coming through and looking green and good.
 This pretty tulip was in the ground and minutes after I took the picture, Jo came behind me (unbeknownst to me) and cut her off. Now she sits in a vase by the kitchen sink.  Jo got a set of garden shears and away she went when I was in the front enjoying my Just Us coffee.





What's that saying about 3 crows?  Front lawn, early afternoon a lot of baby crows were out looking for grub.  I couldn't resist playing with my toy.




This is the pine as she rests in the ground after the clean up this morning.










I think the real excitement for me will be a little later when I try out a new recipe from 'Saltscapes' (May/June 2011).  It's Scalloped Potato and Ham Casserole (p. 11) for the crew tonight.  It looks delicious, simple to make and I bet the smell will be wonderful.  Anything will beat the present smell of garlic pizza we have here in the house.  That was supper last night.


Then, maybe as a grand finale, I just might vacuum or sweep the kitchen floor and actually wash it.  It leaves a whole lot to be desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment