Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

No Time Like the Present

I couldn't wait until tomorrow.


The scalloped potatoes and ham casserole went well in the end.  The sauce did not thicken within 3-4 minutes as the recipe stated.  It took me about 20 minutes.  I am wondering what I am doing incorrectly.






The potatoes did not get tender on 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  So, I turned up the oven to 425 degrees for almost 20 minutes.  The potatoes softened, the ham browned as did the odd ball potato.  It was a wonderful meal.  I highly recommend it and will definitely make it again.


I preheated the oven, soaked the potatoes in water ahead of time as it said and timed all the baking. Hmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment