Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

And We Survived Last Night's Federal Election . . .

The sun came up the way it always does.  People did their usual routines ... the country did not cease to exist.  


WOW!!  What a night last night!  I sat on the edge of my seat watching the results on the CBC.  Holy Cow!  I couldn't believe it but I hoped it was NOT so.  It was better than a murder mystery movie, btw. lol.


O well, better days ahead as my dear grandfather used to say.


I wonder what Alexa McDonough thought about it all, and I thought about my grandfather M. who always voted CCF and then what was to become the NDP.  


My father would probably be the cynic and say it won't matter, nothing ever changes.  I say we will see.


I am so happy for Elizabeth May.  She works so hard on behalf of her party and she's such a nice individual and smart as all get-out.


I love her chattiness and her down to earth goodness.  There is a spirituality about her that lays just beneath the surface until you hear her speak and act.  Way to go!!!


Now Quebec is back in the fold and making choices that will have positive impacts on us all.  I hope the NDP fulfill their promises, i.e. to work for a better Canada (good luck on that with Stephen Harper and his crew) and to work cooperatively.


Good Luck to Mr. Layton and your team!!!  Good thoughts, a few prayers and good karma go out to you.


I love digging in the dirt.  Today I managed to dig out some weeds.  It was exhilarating.  I love stirring up the dirt and making the plants safer and healthier.  I even cut some branches off the pine tree that is bent over my little garden with the rhodadumdrum plant.  I don't want it to get hurt when the tree does come down.  


Jo is talking more and making a much better effort at speaking English.  We went to speech today.  She practiced hot pepper, ice cream, some milk, and that (dat) on.  She is definitely progressing to 2 word phrases like at home, that on, that in, come here, etc.  She has been making a great effort.


I am so proud of her.


Paul was hoping to do some plowing this afternoon.  I'm not sure if he got out.  He didn't leave here until after 3 pm.


Summer tires are on the vehicle now.  Jo's bangs are trimmed.

AND, when Paul was moving the tires to the van, he found the two swings for Jo's swing set.  I was so happy and relieved.  I had sent off a little prayer to St. Anthony this morning about it.  I figured he hadn't answered because I had been spotty about my request.  I thought I should have been petitioning him every day.  I just didn't want to bother him and I also forgot because it was on my mind as to where I put them last fall.



Better days ahead!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment