Debbie's Reality

Debbie's Reality - Enjoy the musings and the thoughts of the day. Living happens within each moment.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Remember ???

Here`s an interesting website: http://coffeesandcommutes.com/

I`m going to see what I can remember.


I remember:


I remember the Christmas I had 20 bucks on me to buy a present for mom.  Being a student and being poor went hand in hand and it was hard knowing I had such little money and that everyone would be so good to me.


I remember S. D., my best friend in childhood.  I remember the sleep overs at her house.  She lived in a two-story gabled house which was big and roomy and beautiful.


I remember when I was 21 years old.  Life was so grand and open to any thing at all.


I remember when the bat flew into our house and scared C. out of his wits.  Then Dad literally chased it around before getting it out.  It was so funny.


I remember breaking my index finger way back in grade 8.  That hurt something awful and no thanks to the boy who did it.  I was so frustrated by the third day that I tried to tear off the cast.  I am left handed and it was my left index finger.  I had to asked friends for copies of their notes.


I remember studying at Church Point for the summer and how I didn`t like the after class drinking and partying.  I hated the place as a result.  I remember the courses were fairly good, it was just the people and the partying that bothered me.


I remembered studying at Moncton.  It was a much better experience.  Different people and different expectations.


I remember grade 3 and the spelling test that I went blank on.  I had the boy in front of me show me the spellings. I guess I was really nerved up for some reason.


I remember when  MJ. was born.  I was living in Quebec City, and I didn`t get to see her until Christmas.  That was a long time.


The same thing happened for R.  I was still living in Quebec and didn`t move back until almost two months after he was born.  


I remember when WW. was born.  I saw him on the day he was born.  What a marvel!!!


I remember grade 12 history.  We had to pick a side and write about two pages to support our view.  I remember picking that Louis Riel was a hero and not a rebel. 


I remember studying two or three days ahead for history and then being accused of somehow knowing that the surprise quiz was happening the next day.  That was a real insult to my intelligence and commitment to good study habits. The one thing I know is that teachers are not the smartest crayons in the box.


I remember working hard on my American Women`s History paper and spending hours and hours in the library researching the topic and coming out with a  good mark.


I remember studying for those exams, too.  We were given the list of essay questions that were to be on the exam.  We had to pick a certain number and then in preparation for it, write out our answers and study accordingly.  I liked the method but it was hard intense work.


I remember graduating from the Mount with my Bachelor of Education degree.  I still remember walking across the stage to get the degree and wearing the blue around the neck with the hat.


I remember working hard at the Dartmouth East Black Learning Centre and really enjoying the youth and the subjects that I taught.  I was always learning something exciting about both.


I remember when I worked construction one summer to earn enough money for College.


I remember seeing A. when he was born.  I think I saw him either the 26 or the 27 and then I left immediately for Bedford, Quebec, to be the Lay Minister in training for the Bedford United Church of Canada Pastoral Charge.


I remember being very tired on the trip and realizing that I did not want to do this again on my own.  It was too much work and took too much energy.


I remember ... I know I could go on and on.  I`ll leave it there for the time being.  I need a break from the memories.  Too much emotion attached to some of them still.



No comments:

Post a Comment